The Reach Fund 2022 (Formerly the MAEDF – Mitigating Against Educational Disadvantage Fund)
MSLETB’s Further Education and Training (FET) Service, in conjunction with SOLAS, invites local community education providers/groups to apply for funding under the REACH fund 2022.
Overarching principles of the fund
The purpose of the REACH fund is to increase capacity of community education providers to address the decline of participation of disadvantaged learners particularly those on basic skills programmes at NFQ levels 1-3. There is a focus on ensuring that the online learning/blended learning can be delivered in a way that meets the needs of learners.
- Learner assistance fund, inclusive of education outreach/mentoring projects/transport costs for learners/urgent educational response.
- Innovative green projects.
- Projects focused on increasing participation in learning with target cohorts.
- Events/awareness campaigns that contribute to equality policy and legislation.
- In line with the Adult Literacy for Life Strategy specific actions that;
- directly address those experiencing unmet literacy needs
- target funding on access to technology and devices
- expand community access to Wi-Fi and broadband resources
- Community groups in pre-development phase to support the most marginalised and disadvantaged groups.
- Support for refugee groups to support education and training delivery and promote/ support cultural and social inclusion, including research and/or needs analysis.
The closing date for submission of applications is 5pm on Tuesday 6th September August 2022 .
For any queries, please email the relevant Community Education Facilitator as follows:-