What is Youthreach?
Youthreach is a programme of education and training and work experience for early school leavers provided in an out of school setting. Youthreach aims to develop the core skills needed for further learning and to prepare young people to progress to further education/training or to employment.
Youthreach is co-funded by the Irish Government, the European Social Fund and the Youth Employment Initiative a part of the ESF Programme for Employability Inclusion and Learning 2014-2020.
You can apply for Youthreach if you:
- Are aged between 15 and 20
- Have left school early with either no qualifications or minimal qualifications (e.g. have left school without sitting the Junior Cert or have achieved less than 5 grade D’s in the Junior Certificate examinations)
Benefits of Youthreach
- A second chance to gain education and training
- A chance to develop new skills
- A chance to gain national certification and progress to further education and training
- Course is free of charge and participants receive a training allowance