Adult Basic Education
Find your local Adult Education Centre here
Adult Education is co-funded by the Irish Government and the European Social Fund as part of the ESF Programme for Employability Inclusion and Learning 2014-2020.
The Adult Basic Education Service provides literacy, numeracy and computer tuition in a supportive environment for adults who need to develop their skills in reading, writing, spelling, maths and using everyday technology. It is aimed at those who left school early, are out of education a long time or have specific learning difficulties. The service welcomes adult learners of all ages and backgrounds.
- Tuition is offered on a one to one or small group basis with the option of gaining a nationally recognised qualification.
- Intake is ongoing but some courses have start dates in September and January each year.
- The service offers courses at different levels and covers different subject areas
- The Educational Assessment is confidential
- The service is free of charge