The Board of the Mayo, Sligo, Leitrim Education and Training Board (MSLETB) is pleased to announce the formal appointment of Mr. Tom Grady as the Chief Executive (CE) of MSLETB. This decision reflects Mr. Grady’s outstanding leadership and dedication during his tenure as Acting Chief Executive since 2018.
Mr. Grady has demonstrated exemplary leadership qualities and a deep commitment to the mission and values of MSLETB throughout his time as Acting CE. He has effectively overseen the organisation’s operations, contributing to its growth, and maintaining a steadfast focus on providing high-quality education and training opportunities within the Mayo, Sligo and Leitrim communities.
Under the leadership of Mr. Grady as Acting CE, MSLETB has achieved remarkable milestones, showcasing the organisations’ commitment to education, training and community development. These include:
- The official launch of the MSLETB Statement of Strategy 2023-2027 which sets the vision of the organisation for the next four years.
- Leading MSLETB in celebrating a decade of progress since the establishment of Education and Training Boards.
- Leading the development of a significant capital and additional accommodation programme across MSLETB schools and centres.
- Lead administrative integration and realignment in MSLETB.
- Leading the development of new industry-relevant programmes.
- Overseeing the increased enrolment in MSLETB schools and associated increased recruitment of staff.
- Lead the development of the ETBI Patrons Framework on Ethos in MSLETB.
- Navigating MSLETB through the challenges posed by the COVID-19 pandemic.
- The inaugural launch of the Mayo College of Further Education and Training in response to the FET Colleges of the Future as envisioned by SOLAS FET Strategy 2020 – 2024.
These achievements reflect the dedication and hard work of the entire MSLETB team under Mr. Grady’s capable leadership. MSLETB remain committed to our mission of providing accessible and high-quality education to the communities of Mayo, Sligo and Leitrim.
Cllr Mary Bohan, Chair of MSLETB Board said;
“I am delighted to officially announce the appointment of Tom Grady as Chief Executive of MSLETB. Tom’s extensive experience in education, training, and management, combined with his unwavering commitment to our organisation’s mission, made him the standout choice for this crucial leadership role. We have full confidence that under his continued guidance, MSLETB will thrive and continue to provide outstanding educational and training opportunities within the region. Congratulations to Tom on this significant achievement.”
Mr. Tom Grady expressed his gratitude for the appointment, stating,
“I am honoured by the Boards trust in officially appointing me as the Chief Executive of MSLETB. Having served in the post since 2018, I have witnessed firsthand the incredible dedication and talent within our organisation. I am committed to building on our achievements, fostering a culture of continuous improvement and professionalism, and ensuring that MSLETB remains at the forefront of providing outstanding education and training services. Together with our dedicated team, I look forward to shaping a bright and inclusive future for all those we serve.”
The Board is confident that Mr Grady will continue to provide strong leadership and drive positive outcomes for MSLETB by working to fulfil the mission of providing accessible, inclusive and high-quality education and training services to individuals, businesses, and communities in Mayo, Sligo, and Leitrim.